Careers at OPERS
Retirement Education and Communications Specialist
Vacancy notice and application
We are dedicated to keeping pace with the changing needs of employees and the local job market. We are committed to providing a work environment that benefits both the employee and the organization.
- Telework is available for nearly all positions at OPERS, either on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Vacation/Paid Time Off (known as annual leave): Employees begin earning 15 days per year.
- Sick Time Off: Employees earn 15 days per year to use for illness and health care appointments. Employees can also use 80 hours of sick leave to care for sick family members (known as enforced leave).
- Holidays: Employees receive 11 paid holidays per year.
- Longevity: Employees receive annual payments starting with $250 on their second anniversary of employment. Payments increase with years of service.
- Competitive Pay: We regularly participate in compensation studies to help keep our pay competitive.
- Training and Development: We are committed to training and developing our staff by providing opportunities to learn, grow, and advance professionally.
Employees receive a generous benefit allowance to help cover insurance costs. Employees with other group coverage can opt out and receive a monthly stipend. Benefits include:
- A variety of plans for health, dental and vision coverage
- $20,000 basic term life insurance with the option to elect additional coverage
- Disability coverage
- Option to contribute to flexible spending, health savings or dependent care flexible spending accounts
For more information on insurance benefits, visit the Employee Benefits Division website.
The Pathfinder defined contribution plan is mandatory for employees who started work for the state on or after November 1, 2015. Employees contribute a minimum of 4.5% and invest that money in a variety of investment options. The employer contributes up to a maximum of 7%.
The OPERS defined benefit plan is mandatory for employees hired before November 1, 2015. Employees contribute 3.5% and, once vested, receive a lifetime pension, which is based on years of service and final average salary. Employees in the defined benefit plan are also eligible to participate in SoonerSave, a voluntary supplemental defined contribution retirement savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
OPERS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious or political opinion or affiliation, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, or any other reason prohibited by law. OPERS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Reasonable Accommodation – Americans with Disabilities Act
If you need assistance in participating in any phase of the employee selection process due to a disability, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Manager at 405-858-6706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (2 pages)
- Oklahoma Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
- Employee Rights Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (minimum wage)
- Your Rights Under the Oklahoma Minimum Wage Act
- This Organization Participates in E-Verify
- Right to Work
- Employee Rights Under the Family & Medical Leave Act
- Public Employees Have the Right to a Safe & Healthy Workplace (2 pages)
- Notice to Workers on Unemployment
- Workers Compensation Coverage
- Oklahoma Whistleblower Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act