Congratulations! You have made the decision to start the retirement process. Retiring from work is a major milestone, and one of the most important decisions you will make in your lifetime. Retirement looks and feels different to each individual, but OPERS has many resources available to help you understand planning and timelines.
Watch this video for a tutorial on completing and digitally signing the retirement application.
URSJJ members need to first contact their retirement coordinator to start the retirement application process.
Before you start the application…
You will be asked to upload or provide information while completing the retirement application. To expediate the application process, have the following ready and available to upload before beginning.
Information Needed to Complete Application
Have the follow information easily accessible before starting the retirement application.
- Your retirement date.
- Your retirement option.
- Spouse information, if applicable. Information will include name, date of birth, Social Security number and address.
- Beneficiary information for retiree death benefits. Information will include name, relationship, date of birth, Social Security number and address.
Documents to Upload
Have PDFs or images of the following documents ready to upload while completing the form. Files uploaded should include the entire document, including headers and footers, and be clearly legible.
- A voided check or letter from your financial institution to set up your direct deposit.
- Proof of your date of birth and your joint annuitant, if applicable.
- Documentation of your current marital status (e.g., marriage license, divorce decree or death certificate)
Digital Signature & Submitting Your Retirement Application
After completing the online retirement application, you will receive an email with instructions to digitally sign your retirement application through OneSpan. Your application will not be submitted to OPERS until after it is digitally signed. You must follow the instructions and sign your application within the retirement deadline for your intended retirement date.
Are You Ready to Begin?
Click on the button below to start your Retirement Application.